Monday 23 March 2009

Yummy Scrummy Gift Packaging.. & Winners..

Hi guys i am sorry i just don't know where the time is going at the moment... i am i have to say sleeping an awful lot but the rest of the time, I'm just run off my feet so to speak.... you know what i mean.. i know i can hear you saying life is busy for all of us.. i just don't cope real well with it when it gets too hectic.. hence the sleeping a lot...
I am sorry i haven't been visiting of late too.. I'm going to try desperately hard to find time this week. I just have two more mails to catch up on.. and if you've had one of my mails you'll know they're like a book.. as i always say to Ila.. grab a coffee it's a book..hehehe... and i need to sort out my PIF for this week too.. it's a nice little die-cut easel so come take a look later this week....
On to my little quickie today...There is a lovely lady called Val who works within the same offices as me for the Courts Service here in Nottingham.. she's always been incredibly supportive and is always telling me to keep going even when others are encouraging me to retire.. she also brings me little crafty gems every now and again you'll see more over the next couple of weeks.. It was her birthday a little while ago and i knew exactly what to get for her.. she's an avid Gardener so i got a Clematis and some Viola bedding plants... it turned out Val had an Obelisk that was just crying out for a climber so i definitely did the right thing..
I also wanted to show you that gifts don't have to be expensive to be beautiful and that with a little hand crafted packaging, it can mean more than something that cost £50...I created these little containers using just a basic box shape later this week I'll try to create a tutorial to show how i did it... I used SU Old Olive and Pumpkin Pie CS for the box shapes and Certainly Celery for the Scallops and So Many Scallops Stamp set...along with an Old Olive Craft Ink pad. I used Nestabilities to create the circles and scalloped circles and just a little ribbon and twine from my stash..Every body commented on them saying it looked like I'd gone to an expensive flower shop... i was chuffed that so many made positive comments at work, now I'm going to create packaging for all the gifts i buy... it shows you've thought that little bit more about it all.... and Stampin Up is just perfect for creating gift packaging as well as cards and scrapbooks.. On to more happy news.. thank you so much to the girls who wanted to create one of the little trinket boxes there weren't many of you but that's ok.. Mark picked out two from the list and here they are.. Ladies let me have your details and I'll get the boxes and little bits and pieces into the post this week..

Jacilynn said...
Your box is just darling. So beautiful and elegant. I'd love to give this a try. My daughter loves treasure boxes and I think I'd decorate one up for her to keep her treasures in. Have a great day!
March 20, 2009 10:53 PM

Karen said...
I get the feedblitz email from your blog and dived straight over from seeing what you have done: It is a beautiful box and I would love to have a go. I'm trying to stretch myself to other things than just cards and this would be a wonderful project for me at the moment.So glad you are on the mend and that Gizmo is still giving you the run around!
March 16, 2009 8:39 AM

Ladies thank you so much for playing along.. i hope you'll come back later this week and see if you'd like to play along with the Pass it Forward i have to offer..


Before i forget my dear friend Ila has some yummy candy on offer i hope that you'll go take a look and play along..


Have a great Monday ladies and gentlemen.....



12 comments:

Anonymous said...

tina this is a beautiful way to package a gift, so much more interesting and beautiful. well done hun. hugs rachxx

Nikki Fairbairn said...

Oh wow, they sure do look like they came from an expensive flower shop, fabulous gift boxes Tina and your friend Val must have been made up. Big Hugs, Nikki x

Jacilynn said...

Love this project. It is so beautiful!!!

Ila said...

The way you have packaged and decorated these plants is Clever, Gorgeous and indeed does look like it came from an expensive flower shop..even better...cause it comes from the heart!!...and your card is Beautiful!!....Thanks so much Tina for sharing the news of my blog candy...I hope your feeling better soon...Take Care...Big Hugs, Ila

Unknown said...

OOOH These are amazing Tina!! You CLEVER girl you! Definately need a tute on how to make these. Anyone would be thrilled to receive these as a gift.
Hope you're feeling OK today and YOU will know when it's time to 'put your feet up', no-one else Chick. ;0)
Big hugs
Viv xxx

Karen said...

I just clapped my hands together and shouted 'Yeah' at the computer! You know how to cheer a girl up Tina! Thank you so much: I shall email you in a mo to let you have my address.

I love the boxes you've made for the plants: That is a great way to posh up a present and I think plants make great presents because they (usually) last. Love how you've created the handles on the violas' box.

Heidi said...

Tina that is an awesome gift and your decorating/embellishing of it truly is wonderful. I am sure she loved it.
I hope you get to feeling better soon my friend.

♥ Lydia ♥ said...

Fabulous gifts Tina ♥ ♥
What a transformation! You've made them look so special xx

Hope you're ok...thinking of you xx

Susie Sugar said...

Fantastic project Tina you are so talented, it's Stunning darling
Hugs Susie xx

mi sello personal said...

Hi,always beautiful your work ...Josefa Laura

Julia said...

What an absolutely beautiful and creative gift! I'm jealous of your talent.

Tracey said...

Fantastic idea, these containers are gorgeous :o)

Hugs
Tracey
x